Grand Prix Weekend is always exciting in Long Beach and this was my first year to see the actual race itself. Since Chris doesn't really like the noise or cars the way that I do, dad and I went down to see the race and Expo Hall on our own. It was absolutely mind-blowing for me to see Ferrari, Lamborghini, Corvette, Indy car and a super rare (and expensive) Swedish Koenigsegg up close. I got to take pictures with a lot of the cars and watch the time trials on the track. It looked just like my video game Forza! Mom and dad went back to the Grand Prix on Sunday after choir rehearsal for Elijah (which is coming soon), and had a great time meeting with work friends, watching the race, and enjoying Long Beach.
Speaking of cars and engines, we also spent time this weekend building my model combustion engine for my science project. It was actually a lot harder and more detailed than I had expected and took dad almost an entire afternoon to build while I was doing the research and writing the report. We finally got the thing to work in the end and I learned a lot but decided against making the research board or entering it into the Science Fair. It is the end of an era with Science Fairs.
No comments:
Post a Comment