The Los Lobitos YMCA Adventure Circle at Patrick Henry is still alive and well. This weekend, both Dad and Chris headed for the YMCA Camp Oakes near Big Bear for an awesome time with the dads, boys, and other circles from around Southern California. The weather was dry and cold up in the mountains but there wasn't any snow. Nonetheless, they had a great time eating camp food, sleeping in the cabins with their buddies, climbing walls, doing skits, shooting bee-bee guns and arrows, and sliding down the mine shaft slide. The Adventure Guides has been great for Dad and Chris to spend time together and also allows Mom and I some quiet time at home when they are away. It is literally much quieter in the house when they aren't blasting the music, dancing up-and-down the hallways, or fighting for time on the Xbox.
Basketball season is also coming to a close. We finished up our regular season this week and have our playoffs next week. Sneak peek, we won our first playoff game but got knocked out of the tournament by the 1st ranked team (the Ducks), which ended the Bruins season for 2018. I did get news that I am on the Orioles for another year, so I am ready to get going with Spring Training!
No comments:
Post a Comment