Only four years late, Dad finally took my buddies and I for a bowling party this weekend as a reward for reading the entire Children's Bible that my Godparents sent me years ago. Back when I was a mere 1st & 2nd grader, I would read aloud from the Children's Bible at breakfast each morning to Dad & Chris. It took months, but ultimately I read the entire book and earned a bowling party with friends of my choice. Well, four years later, I still hadn't collected on my party and Dad said that we would get it done in January as part of his new year resolutions. Dylan, Nate, Jackson, and Christopher all joined us (with help from JD) on Saturday to have our party. We also got lunch at our favorite In-N-Out at the classic location on South Street after the bowling and we all had stomach aches the next day. It worked out great because Mom had a brunch for her PTA volunteers at our house and needed for us to get out.
On Sunday, the Viking's miracle run to the Super Bowl at US Bank Stadium finally came crashing to an end with an absolute blow-out loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. Some say they were still hung-over from the Minneapolis Miracle against the New Orleans Saints the week before. Whatever happened, it was totally depressing but thankfully because I had a massive stomach ache from the bowling party the day before (and threw up in the morning), we canceled our Vikings Party and no one came over to watch it all unravel. It would have been a depressing party.
No comments:
Post a Comment