Monday, May 23, 2016

Dubby Comes to Town (week 491)

This week, we had guests from New York staying with us.  Grandma Dubby and Grandpa Andy came to visit us from New York via Phoenix, Arizona where they were visiting family and friends for the big wedding in Sedona.  Grandma Dubby always sends us the best cards with dollar bills in them so it is great when we finally get to see her and thank her in person.  

It is getting to feel a lot like Summer and the parties all started this weekend with Nate's pool party on Friday night.  He had like 30 kids over at his house and they all piled into the pool for the party.  This was the first time that we had a big birthday party that included the girls.  Last year, I invited a few of the girls from my class to Golf N Stuff, and a few more came to my party at the park this year, but this was the first time I remember having them over for a pool party.  It added a lot of new elements!

I stayed over night at Nate's house for the sleep over.  We were super tired after swimming all afternoon and went to bed early, but I was still super tired the next day.  Christopher got to hang out with the grandparents and parents at home, watching movies, and eating popcorn.  He too was super tired an had a stomach ache from all the partying.  He ended up just eating oatmeal and sleeping in late the next day.

On Saturday, I stayed at Nate's all day because mom was working and dad had to take Chris to soccer camp, the Adventure Guides at the Police Department, and then we had the end of the year baseball party for the Orioles at the Hubers.  Dad and Chris has a lot of quality time together on Saturday, and I was at the Hubers for almost two days...it was like a 36 hour party!  We were back in the pool all day on Saturday and ended up with sunburns.  My team voted me MVP for pitching, and we did all the awards.  On the way home, the big plastic house that we were taking to St. Luke's Preschool blew out of the back of the truck and landed in the street on Spring.  We were able to get it without too much damage and no one got hurt.

Chris was very excited because he got to spend the night at Emma's with Mady and the Armstrongs. This was a big deal for him because he has been jealous about me getting to spend so many nights at other people's houses.  He had a great time but was super tired on Sunday.  Because Chris was gone, dad and I had a special day going to the golf course and playing the front 9 at Heartwell.  I had never played the front 9 holes, so it was a great time playing and talking about life: 3rd Grade and what I want to do in life.  

On Sunday afternoon, we got rid of the old lawn mower (Grandpa Andy's recommendation), and pulled out Great-Grandpa Bob's old McLane lawn mower.  We were able to get new oil in it and it fired up the first time we pulled the cord.  Gandpa John and Grammy came by on their way to Newport Beach where they are staying this week, and Aunt Kelly cam by for barbecue and dessert.  It was a big family weekend!

No comments: