
One thing that has become abundantly clear is that Keislers have a hard time saying no to requests to get involved. This last week alone, the family spent almost every night bumping from PTA Board and PHF School Foundation meetings, to soccer practice, choir practice, tennis practice, and a host of other causes. Increasingly, I am coming to understand that life playing Minecraft on the couch is not going to be an option. Don't get me wrong, I am still getting to play a lot of Minecraft on the couch in the mornings and the weekends, but I am realizing that the life of a Keisler is busy.
Weekends are my favorite. Correction, Saturday mornings are my favorite. This is the best day of the week because typically there may be a game or two to play but we get to hang around in our pajamas for hours on Saturday mornings and eat good breakfast. This Saturday, we made waffles. Well, actually Christopher and Dad made the waffles and Chris ate most of the batter before it made it into the waffle iron.

We also mowed the lawn and striped the grass with the soccer field lines. I am now mowing the lawn (backyard) myself. This is a major breakthrough for me at age 7 and something I have been waiting on for a long time--to take over the duties of pushing the big lawn mower. I am still not using the edger, but I am getting better at making straight lines.
Mom has been working her tail off getting the big Patrick Henry Carnival together. As the Carnival Chair, she has been going to meetings, organizing events, and working on all the signs and fliers. It is a lot of work but now I have a better idea about what goes into the big night. Dad has been waking up super early to write policies and procedures for the new Patrick Henry Foundation. He seems to actually enjoy that stuff but it looks really boring. Usually he has been up for 2-3 hours before we even wake-up, so it isn't a big deal but he looks tired and usually drinks a lot of coffee. In any case, it makes the long walks/bike rides to John's to get pancakes all the better.
The Lizards (Chris's) team continues their winning streak. This week they fell behind the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2-0 before roaring back in the fourth period to score 3 and take home their fourth straight win. I brought my AYSO coin to the game and did the coin toss at half time. Chris mostly stood around in different parts of the field watching the game, but was surprised when a ball was kicked to him from the other end of the field. In actual soccer he would be called offside standing at the post of the other team's goal. However, in the wiener league he was in the perfect position to keep the ball in play. He stopped it from going out and kicked it to Cameron who finished it off. It became critical in our big comeback win. I scored 6 goals for the Green Soldiers (my team) to help us with our fourth win of the season 8-0. USC even won on a blown field goal from undefeated Arizona! It was definitely a bounce-back weekend in sports for the Keislers after last week's misery.
No comments:
Post a Comment