Chris continued to fight his battle with Coxsackie (hand-foot-mouth) virus this week and as a result got a whole week off from school! He really is sick, but I keep telling him that it doesn't last forever...he will eventually have to go back to school someday.
This week, we also saw our last Angel's game (they lost to the Mariners but clinched the American League West Division Championship for the first time since 2009), played soccer games (I am on the Green Soldiers and Chris is on the Green Lizards), and went to our first Children's Choir Practice at Church.
My first game of the year was actually last week but it was 97 degrees and my team got crushed 5-1. This week, our fortunes turned around and we won 5-0. I had two goals and an assist--we scored in the first 9 seconds when I crossed the ball to my teammate and he put it in the back of the net. I am really enjoying soccer now that I am scoring goals! Chris wasn't feeling well still, so he sat out of his game but he still made it to the field to watch the Lizards tie 2-2. They got up early and I tried to coach them to a victory (running around the outside of the field giving directions to the Lizards), but we gave it away in the end and had to settle for a tie. That was better than week one where we got beat 5-1 as well.
Although Chris wasn't feeling well and his voice was pretty torn-up from being sick, we all went to Church Sunday morning and went to Sunday School and the Children's Choir Practice for the first time. Chris was not happy about Sunday School and cried about it but made it through. We are in the same room this year and had an awesome time making projects. Afterwards, we attended the Children's Choir and got our own green folders, music, and scripts for the Christmas Creche. I decided that I want to be a shepherd this year along with a lot of other boys. The practice was too long for us but Chris was really into singing the songs and reading through the music. I think it is going to be super fun. For all the grandparents, the date of the big show will be Sunday, December 14th.



No comments:
Post a Comment