What a week! After almost 8 months of running before school with my buddies on the Patrick Henry playground, I reached the coveted "100 Miles Club" Thursday, April 10th. Mommy and Daddy were both there to see me run my last 5 laps around the track (Chris was playing on the playground and not particularly interested). It was a great accomplishment after a lot of laps. Now, I am shooting for 125 miles before the end of the school year. Who would have thought I could run so far!

This was also a big week because Christopher got the game ribbon for the Rookie Rangers on Saturday morning. He and Mady had been talking about getting the red ribbon for player of the game (everyone eventually gets it), so it was a big deal. He practiced the day before hitting whiffle balls in the backyard, and Daddy took him to the field to work on his hitting and fielding before the game...and it paid off huge. He topped it off by skipping to first and second bases causing everyone in the crowd to roar with applause and laughter.
Saturday was also Patrick Henry Clean-up and Garden Day. Mommy is the organizer and coordinator of our School Native Garden. She got 46 people and Principal Komatz to come out early on Saturday to work on planting the plants, breaking up concrete, and painting rocks and signs. It looks great. All my buddies helped out (even though I dragged my feet and complained a little). I was very proud of my Mommy.

We also got to go to or first Angels game of the stadium Saturday night! Jerad Weaver was the pitcher (the Angels ended up losing in the bottom of the 11th), and it was an exciting game with home runs, big flame throwing torches, and cotton candy. On baseball news, the ELB Red Sox also moved into 1st Place in the American Division by beating the Indians and the A's beating the Yankees. It was a make-up day for the league and everyone shifted spots in the standings. We have been on a role and I have been established as the closer for the team. I usually come into the game in the 5th inning and pitch through the 6th if we play that long. I have been checking the computer every day to see where we are in the rankings: http://elbpony.org/Pinto.cfm.
It was a super busy weekend that also included the first shower in our new bathroom! Chris and I got haircuts and chocolate dipped, rainbow sprinkle ice cream cones, so we both took long hot showers. It was amazing and it is also nice to be able to go back to normal again with a functioning bathroom. It was almost like running 100 miles to get the bathroom project done...I thought the day would never come!

No comments:
Post a Comment