What a week! What a month! Santa Claus is coming to town! So much happened in the first week of December that I don't know where I should begin. Alright, so I'll begin with opening the December 1st box from Dubby that Chris and I had been eyeballing for weeks. The suspense had been killing us: waiting for December 1st; waiting to open the box; waiting to go get the Christmas Tree; waiting to put up the lights; waiting to go up to the attic for the first time to help Daddy bring down all of the boxes with the decorations.
We also got to open the December 1st box this week. Each year, the boxes from New York start arriving around Thanksgiving. Since this year Dubby and Uncle Mark came to visit the week before Thanksgiving, it was even more suspenseful to open the December 1st box because we were talking about it for so long. There were decorations, candy canes, and a great big table cloth with Christmas trees and other decorations on it that you could color.
We ended up getting the tree on the Sunday night after Thanksgiving like we always do. This year, Daddy was particularly excited because it was the first year that the guys could throw the tree into the back of the truck--no tying it to the top of the Edge, the Subaru, the Volvo, or the Maxima! When we got home, Chris and I got to cut the orange plastic mesh away from the tree and help prop it up, cover it with lights, and decorate it while watching Christmas Vacation.
At some point this week, Christopher ran into the table and split his head open. This is the second time that he needed stitches during the Christmas season. I think it was about two years ago that he needed 4 stitches in his chin on Christmas Eve. This time, he was at the house and doing nothing remarkable...but boy did he make a lot of blood! He was actually pretty tough about the whole thing and didn't cry much about it.
On Saturday, we got to see Santa Claus at the Rancho. They had breakfast, horse rides, and crafts. It rained part of the time, but at night we went to Belmont Shore to see the parade. We got to stand in the middle of the street and see the parade going on both sides of us at the same time. Sometimes, there were bands playing in both directions and the drums were loud!
I also played my first basketball game Sunday morning at Los Alamitos High School. I had 7 baskets and got to play point guard a few times. It was all pretty confusing and Daddy says there were a lot of penalties for double dribble and traveling that the refs didn't call. We have a lot to work on, we got beat pretty badly, but it was a ton of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment