Sunday, October 27, 2013

What Happened to My Teeth? (week 358)


You gain a lot from 1st Grade, but one thing you lose is a lot of your teeth. Over the past three months, have been a major contributor to the Tooth Fairy's bottom line; losing all of my upper front teeth.  It's not like I have been getting into fist fights or taking a baseball to the mouth. They just keep falling out!  The timing has actually been pretty good with Halloween coming and a zombie costume in my future.  What's funny is that everyone else in my class is also losing their front teeth.  The challenge is chewy bagels, biting into a tough piece of meat, and all the other delicious things that I normally need my teeth to bite into.  Truly for the first time in my life, I can honestly tell Santa that all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.  

This past weekend, we went north to spend time with our grandparents.  It was sort of a last minute thing because Grandpa John lost a good friend--Arnie Dowdy--who was a City Manager in Grover Beach and a giant St. Louis Cardinals fan.  They played baseball and baseball cards together for decades, and he gave me many classic stadium picture calendars over the years.  We went to Grandma Paula's for the afternoon and then stayed at Grandpa John's overnight.  We got to eat ice cream cones, and helped Grandpa John with the Sunday School games the next day.  It was a good time!







No comments: