Cupcakes, Shoelaces and Skeletons (week 357)
One of the big milestones was passed this month when I tied my own shoelaces for the first time. Putting-on my own shoes and cleats has been a major project and a major point of contention between me and my parents up until now, so this is no small deal that I can now tie my own laces. I am not exactly sure why it happened or when the switch was flipped, but inspiration struck sometime in the last two weeks and getting dressed for practice will never be the same. While I never cared much to get myself dressed or to tie my own laces, Christopher has already begun trying to do it himself. In fact, it seems that he is trying just about everything--tying shoes, reading, combing hair--a lot earlier than I did. And while he isn't always successful, he is certainly earnest. He tied about eight knots in his tennis shoes this week and it took mommy about 20 minutes to get them undone.
My other main interests right now are reading and soccer. Even better if I can read about soccer. Mommy took us to the library this week and we entered the In-N-Out reading challenge. If we read five books, we get free hamburgers at In-N-Out. I picked out a book about Pele and Christopher picked out a bunch of books about ghosts and skeletons. Other than cupcakes and chocolate chip muffins, Christopher is absolutely obsessed with skeletons. In fact, he has a crazy little rubbery skeleton that he carries around and sleeps with. I have been getting a lot of nightmares lately (with Halloween coming), but Christopher absolutely loves to read and tell stories about skeletons.
We also got to see Aunt Leah this weekend. She is very pregnant with our new baby cousin, so we went down to cousin Bhodi's 3rd birthday in San Diego to see her. There was a bounce house and super cool Toy Story cake pops. They looked like the green martians with three eye balls. We thought they were pretty funny and pretty tasty. We had to get back to Long Beach fast though because USC was playing Notre Dame and the party was at our place. USC lost again 14-10, without either team scoring a single point in the second half. At least the family is more excited to watch the games now that USC has a new coach. Even a loss is better with the Lane Kiffin era now behind us.
No comments:
Post a Comment