Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Halloween! (week 359)

Happy Halloween!  Nathan an I decided to be zombies this year.  It looked and sounded like a great idea.  Cheryl picked-up some old dress shirts at the Goodwill and we got to rip them up, put on bandages, and walk around making funny grunting noises.  What I didn't know until I was deep into the act, was that zombies are actually, technically dead, and they eat brains for dinner.  When Mommy shared this information with me, it was traumatic...but it was also too late to make a change. Christopher was a green dragon and was super excited to finally have the costume passed-on to him.  We are sure that there has been a long line of green dragons running through Long Beach each year, but not sure that the costume has ever been washed.

For Halloween, we trick-or-treated for the first time in Nathan's new neighborhood.  I gotta say that I was a bit nervous at first that there wouldn't be the same level of commitment to candy as in his old neighborhood, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The neighbors certainly turned out in force and gave away some really good stuff.  We were allowed to eat as much as we could that night and we took full advantage.  There was a lot more running this year because everyone was bigger...which also means a lot of trips, falls, scraped hands, and bruised knees.

The next morning, we counted out 10 pieces of candy each and turned the rest over to the Switch Witch who does her work the day after Halloween.  Because we wrote her a letter indicating that we would switch our candy for a toy, she came to our house and took away everything that we had collected.  It was a good deal because we got two new Wii games and the movie "The Croods".  All in all a good Halloween.

No comments: