Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pottymouth (week 360)



Christopher Keisler has become a super pottymouth.  He can't control himself!  Even when the stakes are on the line and he knows that a timeout is imminent, out pops another poo poo head or pee pee brain.  He has completely and totally lost control of his nearly-four-year-old-mouth, and I am not sure what it will take to pull him back from the brink.

Mommy and daddy say that I had a similar phase in life and exhibited the same lack of control.  Perhaps, it is something in the water at St. Luke's Preschool.  Perhaps, there is something about the human three-year-old brain.  Perhaps, it is just part of being a guy...and something innate.  For now, Christopher is spending a lot of time walking from the table to his bedroom for timeouts.  It used to just be the whining and crying that got him into trouble each morning.  Now, he is doubling down with the dirty words.

This week, I went over the 25 mile mark at the Patrick Henry Century Club.  I now have the special foot charm that they hand out to mark the accomplishment.  My parents also attended the first Parent-Teach Conference of 1st Grade.  Ms. Flores told them that I am reading, writing, and solving math problems at the right level and doing good.  Daddy was very impressed with my writing in Spanish, and Mommy was just proud.  

The Strikers also got our first shut out of the season, 4-0 against the Huntington Beach Pateadores!  I played sweeper most of the game, and Nolan got two big goals on free kicks.  It gave us all a lot of hope and energy that we won't be sitting at the bottom of the league or the tournament forever.  Winning isn't everything, but it sure makes everyone feel a lot better about the hours of practice that we suffer through in the dark three times a week!  Baseball season is also wrapping up for Fall Ball, so we will soon have a break for Thanksgiving.  There will still be some basketball and a few soccer tournaments, but it is time start focusing on the holidays!

No comments: