Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hungry Caterpillars, Extreme Sports, and Strep Throats (week 361)

I went rock climbing for the first time this weekend, a loved it.  I am not known for being an extreme sport type of guy or a risk taker, but I really loved it. We went to the Hanger 18 gym in Signal Hill for Logan's 7th birthday party...at least the first half of it and got to do two hours of rock climbing.  My dad didn't think that I would be that much into it given that I have always been a cautious dude.  It helped that I saw Jackson, Nate, and Logan all doing it first; but I liked the challenge and loved the harness belts and ropes that kept us from falling off the walls.
Actually, I played basketball, baseball, and went rock climbing all on the same day this Saturday. I finished off the weekend with two games--the last games of both the Fall baseball season and my first season of club soccer--both losses, and both performances indicated that maybe I was a little tired.  Doing two, and even three sports in a weekend takes a lot out of you.  My performance on Sunday with two strike outs (both looking), and giving up 6 or 7 goals to Real SoCal Soccer Club (who knows how many), leads me to believe that maybe I am ready for a little bit of off season.  We just started basketball in the Los Alamitos league, but it should be pretty low key.  




Christopher also came down with his first big case of Strep Throat.  He was awake all Friday night with Mommy with fever and throw up.  Mommy said that he didn't know what was going on and was so sad.  He kept asking "why is this happening to me?"  In the morning, while I was at basketball, Daddy took him to the Dr. and he got a throat test. They said that he had Strep, so he had to take a gross pink medicine.  By the end of the day he was already feeling better, with no fever.  Christopher has also really been into cutting paper with the scissors and making all kinds of "decorations".  Mainly, this involves folding pink squares of paper and cutting out various shapes; then, taping them to the wall and drawing on them.  It is kind of hard to tell what any of them are, but Chris knows which decoration is for which person.  He is pretty proud of them but Daddy is pretty frustrated with having to keep picking-up paper and vacuuming the playroom.  Man Christopher is crazy these days.  He is also really into people that are four years old and the very hungry caterpillar. . 

No comments: