Saturday, August 10, 2013

To the Air! (week 347)

It is hard to imagine that there are kids out there with better lives than Christopher and I.  All Summer, we have been counting down the days to "the airplane", when we would get to fly to New York for 12 days with Grandma Dubby and Grandpa Andy.  On Thursday night, Daddy dropped us off at the Long Beach Airport and we boarded our red-eye flight to JFK on Jet Blue.  Daddy didn't come with us this time which made for a dramatic departure at the security line (with lots of hugging and Christopher kissing his arm up and down), but we made it on board and were both asleep before we hit cruising altitude.  I took a four hour nap when we arrived in Long Island, but Christopher was so excited that he stayed awake until 7:00 pm.   He slept the next 15 hours, so hopefully his battery was sufficiently charged for the next week and a half of New York adventures.
This past week, Christopher also did the Fairytale Forest camp at El Dorado Nature Center with Maddie and Emma.  He was pretty pumped about it and lots of stories after camp each day.  I did the Aquatics Camp at Belmont Pool.  We were so tired from walking on the beach, swimming in the pool, visiting the Endeavor Space Shuttle, and sailing in the Bay...that I couldn't stand up at night and had to miss my Futsal games and practices.  It was brutal, but super fun!

No comments: