Sunday, March 10, 2013

Huh? (week 325)

Mommy and daddy have always said that 3 was harder than 2.  For both Christopher and I, the "terribles" didn't hit until after we mastered 36 months of life.  Although I am not complaining, Christopher has turned into a very difficult dude lately.  Not only is he struggling to sleep regularly and getting-up throughout the night to ask for milk, momma, and hamburgers--yes he did ask for hamburgers at 2:38 am the other morning--but also, he responds to every statement with "huh?"  This week, the only time that I saw him respond to a question intelligently was when he was asked if he was Captain America.  He responded with, "not yet, I am working on it".

I went through the same exact stage when I turned three: alternating between "what?" and "huh?" no matter what the conversation entailed.  It got so bad that to break my habit, daddy started putting me in a time out every time I used the word "huh?" so that I would start to listen better and think more about what I was saying.  For Christopher, it just came on this past month and has now become his first response to everything.  Christopher is also fighting to do more for himself and refusing to eat a lot of the same food that he has always eaten.  He claims that he doesn't like stuff anymore or that he only wants milk...which of course leads to being hungry and waking up through the night.  It is a viscous cycle and it is driving my parents to their wits end.  I keep telling them that he is just going through the painful process of growing-up and asserting his personality.

On the positive front, my reading is getting better and better.  I am able to read a lot of the basic Spanish books that I bring home from school, and even some of Go Dog Go.  In addition, I am one of the bigger kids on my baseball team now so I have been hitting home runs (with some help from the defense), and playing a lot of 1st and 3rd base.  My catching and throwing is pretty solid, although what I really want to do most of the time is shoot hoops.  We moved the backyard around to get ready for Momma's garden so I will post a picture next week.

No comments: