Although Christopher's baptism cleansed his soul, it did nothing to cleanse his mouth. For the past few weeks, Christopher has been exploring a new repertoire of potty words and naughty names including such classics as: "peanut", "poo-poo head", and the Keisler family favorite "weiner". He has become so prolific with these potty words that he has even been able to include them in familiar songs such as the "ABC Song" and "Your a Grand Old Flag".
It is a rite of passage for all 2-year-olds--they hang around their older brothers and overhear the sophisticated conversations or they begin pre-school and meet all kinds of new cool kids--and, begin exploring new ways of communicating with their parents. At only a week short of his 3rd birthday, Christopher is no different and really having a time of it. The short of it all is that he has been spending a lot of his time sitting on a dining room chair, or in his room with the door closed in time-out.
I had a great week between November 11th and November 18th. We had a futsal game--with my team Inter Milan--in which I scored 5 of the 7 goals for my team by hanging outside of the beehive and waiting for the ball to pop-out. I cut a deal with my dad before the game that if I got an assist, he would buy me a giant cookie. We also had an outdoor game on Saturday--with my team the Geckos--in which I scored one goal, although we missed a lot of opportunities and lost 4-1. I had a couple of big defensive plays but it was our second loss and biggest defeat of the year...we just couldn't get it going.
USC also lost to UCLA for only the 2nd time in 14 years. It was still hard to swallow. Matt Barkley threw an interception on the first play of the game, they fumbled on the second series of the game and it went down hill from there. My parents complained all week about bad coaching and the need for change at USC, but at least we got to go to a fun party at the Villalobos with a bounce house, all-you-can-eat cookies, and even some rain!
This coming week is Christopher's birthday and Thanksgiving dinner!
It is a rite of passage for all 2-year-olds--they hang around their older brothers and overhear the sophisticated conversations or they begin pre-school and meet all kinds of new cool kids--and, begin exploring new ways of communicating with their parents. At only a week short of his 3rd birthday, Christopher is no different and really having a time of it. The short of it all is that he has been spending a lot of his time sitting on a dining room chair, or in his room with the door closed in time-out.
I had a great week between November 11th and November 18th. We had a futsal game--with my team Inter Milan--in which I scored 5 of the 7 goals for my team by hanging outside of the beehive and waiting for the ball to pop-out. I cut a deal with my dad before the game that if I got an assist, he would buy me a giant cookie. We also had an outdoor game on Saturday--with my team the Geckos--in which I scored one goal, although we missed a lot of opportunities and lost 4-1. I had a couple of big defensive plays but it was our second loss and biggest defeat of the year...we just couldn't get it going.
USC also lost to UCLA for only the 2nd time in 14 years. It was still hard to swallow. Matt Barkley threw an interception on the first play of the game, they fumbled on the second series of the game and it went down hill from there. My parents complained all week about bad coaching and the need for change at USC, but at least we got to go to a fun party at the Villalobos with a bounce house, all-you-can-eat cookies, and even some rain!
This coming week is Christopher's birthday and Thanksgiving dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment