I went to New York for what I think was the fifth straight year. Other than the year that I was born, I think that I have visited my Grandma Dubby's house every Summer and even a couple Christmases. For Chris, this was probably the third time that he went to Long Island and he loved every minute of it.
The big event this year was the baptism of Uncle Steve and Cousin Steven. Webster family members came from all over the East Coast to eat pizza and to see them become members of the Lutheran Church in Port Jeff. In fact, we ate lots of pizza from Premo and lots of and crumb cake from bagels from Bagels Your Way. We always eat a lot in Long Island (which is something Daddy always looks forward to), and certainly don't get as much bread products here in Long Beach.
One of the big events this year was going to see my Godfather Zak and his new baby Jack in Breezy Point. After we went walking on the beach and had some barbecue, we all went to the Mets game at Citi Field. Actually, we dropped Christopher and Mama at the train in Jamica, Queens before getting lost in Flushing Meadow and missing most of the game. We saw knucklballer A.I. Dickey who beat the Marlens 6-1. It may have been the last time that the Mets won this year but I loved the corndogs and the field.
Another huge highlight was driving Grandpa Andy's little yellow boat in the bay. Grandpa sat behind me and let me drive for almost 30 minutes on the bay and up the river. Christopher was nervous but we had a blast.
For the rest of the week we spent every possible moment that we could in the pool. For the most part, we climbed the stairs and did cannonballs for hours on end, but we also made whirlpools, and dunked our heads under water. I even swam without my life vest. It was pretty awesome but I have been missing the pool every day since.
While our flight out was awesome--we slept through the entire red eye flight to New York--the trip back was a nightmare. It was an afternoon flight and nobody slept. Not only is it a longer trip, but we had to go through Las Vegas on the layover and then Daddy had to go to work the second we landed in Long Beach. I am super into flying, planes, and particularly Jet Blue which I call "my plane". Even though everyone came home sick...and left behind a bunch of sick family members in New York...it was a great time and I can't wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment