
To celebrate Grandma Paula's 60th birthday, we all headed north for an extended weekend. To kick-off the weekend, the four of us went to Knott's Berry Farm. Daddy doesn't get to go with us very often, so we took advantage of his day off and our Season Passes. It was a quick tour of Knott's because we had to get in the car and beat the traffic out of Los Angeles so that we could make it in time for dinner at Grandma's house in Arroyo Grande. At Knott's we all got to go on the special rides--Mommy and Daddy both went on the big roller coasters--and Christopher and I went on the Log Ride for the first time. I sat in the front log with mommy and Christopher sat in the rear log with Daddy. There was a giant drop at the end and a big splash. Mommy and I got the most wet...and I haven't stopped talking about roller coasters and the big drop since.

To celebrate Grandma's birthday, we took a big hike Saturday morning at Montanya De Oro. There a big cliffs, beaches, and mountains...and also snakes out there. My favorite was the beach caves. I explored them with Cousin Eli and Uncle Josh, and we found lots of neat rocks. On Saturday night, we got a special babysitter for the four kids and our parents took Grandma and Grandpa out for a very special dinner at Buono Tavola to celebrate her birthday. We were asleep by the time that they got home, but we got to go to church and breakfast at the restaurant with Grandma and Grandpa the next morning.

We also got to go to the Cal Poly Spring football scrimmage with Grandpa John on Saturday afternoon, and the Cal Poly baseball game on Sunday afternoon. I got to go on the football field with our friend Ken and stand right next to the players and the action on the field. I was very impressed with how nice the grass was and with the painted lines on the field. I was also impressed with the size of the players and the crash of their helmets when they were playing. We stayed with Grammy and Grandpa John on Sunday night so that Daddy could take Mommy on a special trip to Paso Robles. They said they needed a vacation from their children. I am not sure what that means but it was nice to get away and fun to stay with our grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment