Sunday, April 22, 2012

Naka Farms and Disney! (week 279)


Chris and I spend a lot of time these days drawing roller coasters.  Some would say that it is a borderline obsession with roller coasters.  Mostly, we trace them in the air with our fingers or markers and make the sound effects with our mouths. This tends to get us into a lot of trouble at dinner time.  We also spend a lot of time in the back of the car drawing roller coasters--some would call them a bunch of squiggly lines--on our Magna Doodles.  Roller coasters are a perfect thing for Christoper to draw because he can draw them quickly, make the noises, erase them when the ride is over, and start over again.  
This week Aunt Leah came to visit us for a day and take us to Disneyland.  She has free passes anytime because she works for Disney in New York City.  She likes to take us to Disneyland in Anaheim when she is out here visiting family; it works out well because we are always ready and willing to go with her.  We go on rides and eat lots of treats that we wouldn't get if we were just going with our parents.  This week she introduced me to one of the great achievements of the 20th Century--the Disneyland corn dog.

The big news about Disneyland this time was that I went on the Tower of Terror.  It was amazing..and of course very scary.  It is like an old hotel from the Twilight Zone with characters and ghosts and stuff.  We all piled into the elevator and it dropped super fast.  Everyone was screaming.  Of course, I have been talking about it ever since and harassing my father to bring it up on the computer to no end.

We also went to Tanaka Farms this week with my class at St. Lukes.  I have been there many times to ride the tractors, pick the vegetables and fruit, and to pet the animals.  It was a little different this time because it was to be my last trip to "Naka" with my class at St. Lukes.  Mommy says that I will be going to kindergarten at Patrick Henry in the Fall, so this was my last trip with my preschool class.  Somehow, it was bitter sweet and I reflected on how much I have enjoyed preschool.  Hopefully, Chris will appreciate his days in preschool and his own trips to Naka Farms when he starts preschool in the Fall.

No comments: