One of the biggest fears of childhood is throwing-up. Even worse, waking-up in the middle of the night and throwing-up in your bed is the worst of the worst. Our Friday started off great. Christopher and I went to Knott's Berry Farm with mommy and rode on all the best rides. We even went on the 'K' ride, which is my favorite. Daddy brought home pizza for Friday Night Family Night and we got to watch some Chugginton (our newest favorite show about trains that talk). Everything seemed fine when we went to bed. In fact we were exhausted from our long day at Knott's.
At some point in the middle of the night, (after Christopher was done riding his scooter through the living room and singing Kelly Clarkston "You Don't Know Me"), I started throwing-up. The first time, mommy and daddy thought that I just ate too much pizza so we changed the blankets, sheets, and pajamas and set-up a bed on the couch in the living room. By the fourth time I threw-up, mommy was also on the couch, I had showered, and there was a massive pile of bedding in the garage waiting to be washed in the morning. It was quite a way to start the weekend with everyone washing their hands and waiting to see what's next. Families that live together often get sick together. Make it five times, I just threw-up in the living room...and, while daddy was cleaning out the big silver bowl Christopher pooped his pants.
Generally, Christopher and I have been sleeping better than we were a year ago but there is rarely a night that everyone isn't awake at some point in time. Living in a very small two bedroom house means that everyone is sharing a room with someone. It also means that sleep talkers (and sleep yellers) have a major impact on the quality of life of everyone else. Oftentimes, there is someone sleeping on the couch or in the kitchen (in his Pack-N-Play) to get through the night. They aren't the ideal circumstances, but it works. Daddy always marvels that no matter how many times we wake-up in the night, we still like to get-up at the crack of dawn (or before dawn).
Last week, both Chris and I went to school and daycare (still a major fight); watched the playoff games between the Patriots/Ravens and Giants/49ers at Jackson's; went to Pretend City in Irvine; and went to Knott's Berry Farm. It was a busy week, so now that daddy is home from work for the weekend, this is probably the best time for us to get sick, stay-up all night, and try to get well for another week of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment