Monday, November 14, 2011

Tricky Little Brothers (week 256)

Why is it that I get into trouble every time my little brother is doing something wrong? Without fail, every time that Christopher pushes, hits, or takes something from me I find myself in time out. It's not that Christopher gets away with it. He spends his fair share of day in time out. It's that I can't control myself. He knocks over my bowling pins. I yell at him and tell him to stop. He pushes me and gets a time out in the dining room. I keep calling him names and telling him that he is bad. I may even tell mommy and daddy that they are bad in the process. I get time out in my bedroom. Everyone is crying.

Chubbs has certainly entered a phase of constant naughtiness. Don't be fooled by his overtures of hugs, kisses, and tickles. He is checking you out and scanning the room for something to get his hands on, open, or throw under the couch. I know that he can't help himself...I have been there too. He is only about a week away from turning two and he is loving every minute of it.

This week, daddy stayed home with us on Monday and Friday. Mommy had work, so the boys took the opportunity to reconnect. We went to the gym kids club, the park, made pancakes, and ordered pizza. Most of all, we played lots of soccer. On Saturday, I got my first goal of the year as the Silver Sharks beat the Green Lanterns in a very close 2-0 victory. It was closer than it looks on paper because we got both goals at the end of the fourth quarter. It was a cold morning and we came out flat. It was my best game of the year and we moved to 7-2 on the season.

Sunday, we all headed south for Legoland. It was a surprise to me. My parents often don't tell me when we are going to do something fun until we are about to do it because they say I get too obsessed with the details--when we are going, where we are going, whether this or that will be there. I usually can't sleep very well the night before and often wake-up really early on the days that we are doing something fun so it is just better for everyone if I don't know that something fun is happening. Legoland was super awesome. It was the perfect size for Chubbs and I, Max and Lena who were also there with their parents, and grandparents from Germany. We made race cars, road on the boat, and played in a lot of cool forts. Chubbs even rode a few rides. We crashed hard in the car on the way home but look forward to going again soon!

No comments: