Monday, April 25, 2011

Rollie Pollies and Slugs (week 217)

One of the greatest things about being a little boy is digging in the dirt and looking for bugs. The backyard is a world of opportunities and adventures; with all kinds of things living and growing in the grass, living under the wood chips, and hiding in the dirt. Lately, I have discovered that there is a wealth of Rollie Pollies and that I know exactly where to look to find them. Not only are they plentiful but they are also free. Although daddy won't let them live inside the house, they also make fantastic pets. I have at least seven Rollie Pollies living (very quietly) in a plastic zip lock bag on the front porch.

Another great part about being a little boy is Easter. All week, Christopher and I watched the Charlie Brown Easter Beagle movie and ate popcorn on the couch together. As Easter approached, we made Easter baskets for the Haute Dogs Network charity drive and stuffed plastic eggs with candy for the big egg hunt on Easter Sunday. For the first time, mommy also let us dye hard boiled eggs on the patio table. The hardest part was the waiting but the results were well worth the work; and, I found out that I absolutely loved to eat hard boiled eggs (with lots of salt).

On Saturday, the Dodgers had a big Tee Ball game against the Red Sox. It was a big game for me because I had been practicing my focus all week. Daddy said that I could get my first Game Ball--given to the player that made a big improvement--if I stayed focused and played hard. During the game, I made a number of big defensive plays and hit a ball in the Second Inning that cleared everyone in the outfield while still in the air. At the end of the game I didn't get the Game Ball (which went to Rayden), but I didn't cry or get upset and I even clapped for the other kids. Daddy said it was a big step and that he was very proud of me.

Of course, the highlight of the week was Easter Sunday morning. When we woke-up (at 6:00 AM), the Easter Bunny had come and left Christopher and I two giant baskets of toys and candy. Mommy said that the Easter Bunny came all the way from Long Island, New York...and he left paw prints and Bunny poop on our front sidewalk. When Daddy and I came back from exploring the neighborhood, Christopher had broken into his basket and was eating a chocolate rabbit.

After having French Toast, Christopher put on his Easter outfit and we all went to Church. We met Grandpa, Grammy and Great Grandma Betty there before heading off to Monrovia to Uncle Ron's for the big Easter Egg Hunt. While I was able to haul-in (37) Easter Eggs, Christopher was able to pick-up and throw the same Easter Egg (37) times. While I wasn't able to find the Golden Egg this year I did show marked improvements over last year. Holidays just keep getting better and better every year!

No comments: