
The holiday and birthday party season was in full effect this week. Not only was it Veteran's Day on Thursday, but I had two weekend birthday parties, and trips to the golf course and the airport. Instead of going to school Thursday, Chubbs and I went with mama to the airport for the special airshow. Chubbs thought that this was the bees knees and went nuts every time he saw an airplane. He is already a big fan of birds-pointing and saying "ooh, ooh, ooh", every time he sees one fly over the backyard. The airplanes were almost too much for him to handle.
Chubbs is also really developing his walking using the special push-cart from the Temple family across the street. All of their babies are now walking, so they gave Chubbs a new form of freedom by passing-down the walker. It is funny to hear him coming down the hall because the walker will play the "charge" song when it bumps into something. He gets frustrated because he often gets stuck on a corner or a chair in the living room; mama gets frustrated because he scratches her wooden floors.

On Saturday, I had birthday parties for two of my best friends from St. Lukes: Julian and Logan. They pretty much consisted of all the same kids from our class but they were in two different and fun places. In the morning, we got to put-on chef hats and make pizzas at California Pizza Kitchen. It was delicious. In the afternoon, we went to a big warehouse where they had a giant tree house and blow-up slide inside. There were all kinds of games, pizza, and cake. I learned to play air hockey for the first time and loved every minute.
But the best was Sunday. After going to church (and wiggling around the pew for an hour), dada and I went to the sports store to get some new whiffle balls and a baseball helmet for my new tee-ball league. My helmet is dark blue and sparkles a little--just like the baseball players on tv. I like it so much that I wore it to the Farmers Market and slept with it last night. It is a little uncomfortable as a bed mate but nonetheless mine. I think we are going to have a long and productive baseball career together.

One thing I have to mention is that while at the golf course Sunday afternoon, dada and I saw a nine-year-old girl hit a hole-in-one on the ninth hole of Heartwell Golf Course. She wasn't much taller than me but laid it in from about 100 yards. Pretty awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment