Sunday, November 7, 2010

Big Brother Ben (week 193)

Boy did it rain this week! Mama says that it has been getting cold and raining because it is the fall. I am not sure what that means exactly, but the leaves have definitely been falling off the trees in Long Beach and it is a lot cooler outside. Inside, there is a lot of football on the television, and a candle always burning that smells like spicy apple cider. I like the fall; love the mud; and seemingly have grass stains on all my clothes.

Christopher is also digging the fall because he loves to explore the backyard and get into mama's garden where there is an ample supply of dirt to dig in. He is not walking yet, but he is crawling extremely fast and loves to get into the wood chips, mud, and leaves whenever possible. He is also known for taking a taste of everything he gets into. Regularly, dada has to clean-out his mouth because he is coughing on dirt, wood chips, and leaves.

Chris and I play lots of football together now that it is the fall. Really it is Christopher trying to crawl away from me as I tackle him, pull his legs, and lay on his back. He laughs and squeals, but it all usually ends in crying and someone (me) sitting in time out. The other thing that I have realized is that little brothers can be extremely annoying. They always want to do what you are doing and touch your stuff. No matter how hard I try to get away, Christopher is always following. Coloring stadiums is almost impossible now with Chris grabbing at my crayons and pulling on my paper.

Now that mama is teaching a class at the university, Monday nights are boys nights. This includes watching Monday Night Football of course, but also usually involves eating dinner in the kitchen standing-up as we feed Christopher. Helping to make pizza or macaroni and cheese (much to mama's chagrin). Giving Chris a bath together. And trying to clean the house before mama gets home. This week, I also move classes again at St. Lukes. Mama says that they are shuffling the classes so that I can get back together in the same classroom as Nathan and Jackson, but I know something is up because the mamas keep talking about it. While I have expressed my opinion about wanting to stay with Ms. Alejandra for ever, it doesn't look like that is going to become a reality. We all have to move on at some point.

Finally, the end of daylight savings time has been a little difficult. Of course, mama and dada love the fact that it gets dark earlier and we have to go to bed but it definitely cuts into our outdoor play time; and we get up in the morning MUCH earlier. Dada said that all the end of daylight savings time means is that dadas across America are up making bottle an hour earlier every day.

No comments: