Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt! (week 162)

Cousin Eli and I were very successful at this year's Dahl family Easter Egg Hunt in Monrovia. The coolest part of the day was the waterfall and the big orange fish living in the pond. Cousin Eli and I got sticks and pretended to fish them out. While we didn't have any luck with the fish, at least there were cupcakes.

In past years, the egg hunt didn't hold my interest. I kind of wandered around and watched all the kids pick up the candy and the eggs. Not realizing that they were free to whomever got there first, I didn't really see the value. But this year, something clicked--there were baseball eggs, and football eggs, and I filled my basket with all kinds of good stuff. Cousin Eli did pretty good...although he ran to the first egg, stopped, and began eating the candy which slowed him down a bit.

On Easter Morning, we all took a walk to St. Luke's for church. Pastor Gary was there and he talked a lot about Jesus coming alive. It wasn"t entirely clear to me why this occured, considering that they tell me Jesus lives forever; but it was good to see a different church in action and they had a giant video screen that played pictures throughout the sermon. I kind of like the organ and the choir at Bayshore so I asked to go back to "Ben's Church" next week.

Project Little Brother (week 18)
Christopher is growing fast (17 lbs) and is already half my body weight at (4) months. He continues to love to eat...mostly in the middle of the night but dada and mama are letting him cry a lot more so that he will sleep on his own. I tell themm "mama your baby is crying...you should go get him"...but they say it is good for him. Since I got my new bed, we are both waking-up less; so mama and dada are a little more normal again.

Word of the Week
Potty Talk: my absolute favorite form of communication. Typically, potty talk can only be used within the confines of a bathroom, and use of potty talk outside those boundaries results in a time out. Mama says that future potty talk may result in one getting a towl of vinegar in the mouth.

No comments: