Another week with a steady diet of eating jelly toast, playing baseball in the backyard, and watching the Sandlot with Christopher. It's pretty much the perfect routine; the perfect sport; and the perfect movie. Mama and dada can't understand why I can watch the same movie over and over--sometimes twice in the same day--but there is no reason to try to improve on perfection. And everyone knows that we love the familiar.
This week, dada started pitching me the fastball. He said that I am hitting too many whiffle balls over the back fence; and since I am pulling them down the left field line, he is picking up the pitching speed to force me to hit to right field. Sometimes, he even throws the little plastic golf balls and started hitting overhand at the end of the week.There is a major drama unfolding at St. Lukes preschool this week--sort of a crisis. One day, wehen we arrived at school the Silver Bike was missing. Apparently, Ms. Carrie impounded the bike overnight due to all the conflict it was causing. She said it would be on lockdown for some time; or at least until we could stop fighting over it and learn how to share. My buddy Jack and I have been identifying alternatives, including other modes of transportation. To pass the time, I even took all the books off the bookshelf and built a mini stadium in the classroom with home, first, second, third, home and the pitchers mound. The teachers took a bunch of pictures and told my parents.
Project Little Brother (Week 18)Christopher continues to be the most social guy in the house--some say he has become the biggest talker among the lot. Usually, he wakes up at 11:00 PM, 3:00 PM, and 6:00 PM to eat, and often wants to talk and play in the middle of the night. He is also an early morning person. When I wake-up every morning, by 6:00 AM he is already out in the living room sitting in his chair and holding court. He is a happy baby, perhaps the most happy I have ever seen which lightens the mood quite a bit.
Word of the Week
The Great Bambino: aka Babe Ruth. Arguably the best baseball player of all time who called his own home run shot (in the movie Sandlot). My favorite baseball player after Erik Aybar of the Los Angeles Angels.
No comments:
Post a Comment