Sunday, March 7, 2010

Big Brother Ben (week 158)

It is exhausting being (3) years-old. Most nights, I am so tired from school, baseball, and taking care of my little brother, that I fall asleep in bed with a book on my chest. With all my new responsibilities, it is tough to get a moment alone. The days pass so quickly that I regularly look at Christopher and how fast he is growing with wonderment.

This week, Nathan and his little sister Maddie came by to play some baseball and take some pictures. It is really important to me that we document each stage of our siblings development. Someday, they are going to thank us for being such good big brothers.

Something else that I think is important is to be polite. Hold doors for people, particularly mamas when you get a chance. They really appreciate it when I hold the gate or the front door at pre-school in the morning. This week, I also made sure to put away my balloon (from Trader Joe's) before running back to help mama carry-in the groceries. She was very surprised but grateful. It's the little things that matter most.

Since it rained this weekend, we had to postpone our big (3rd) birthday party on Saturday. We are going to try again next weekend, so we rescheduled the bouncehouse and tables. Instead, to get out of the rain we went our for pancakes and then to Cal Bowl where I nailed a (78) and a (72). Not my best games, but later we made popcorn and brownies while we drew stadiums and watched the Sandlot. Definitely my new favorite movie about baseball. When the sky cleared dada and I played a ton of baseball in the backyard. I launched (6) home runs over the white fence!

Project Little Brother (week 14)
Christopher is finally starting to nap on his own. These are still little (45) minute naps but we put him down every (2) hours on the big bed. He also slept in his crib all night for the first time Saturday night which was a big breakthrough. He still woke up every (3) hours for milk. I keep telling him that the sooner he can sleep through the night on his own, the sooner he can move into my room with me.

Word of the Week
Uno, Dos, Tres...: did you know you can count in multiple languages? Every week, I know take Spanish class and come home with new words (including counting up to (10) in Spanish).

No comments: