Sunday, March 14, 2010

Big Brother Ben (week 159)


This was a big weekend, for my birthday party finally arrived! We had about (30) of my closest friends from school, parents, and family over for brunch and a bouncehouse Saturday. The waiting was excruciating but more than worth the grind. All my friends (including my two girlfriends), stopped by to play, open presents, and eat cupcakes. The party ended around naptime, but picked-up again after the neighborhood woke-up for another round of bouncing.

I have been sick--coughing and sneezing--for about a week. At least three times this week I coughed so hard that I threw-up in my bed. Dada says that it is a conspiracy between Christopher and I, to alternate crying and coughing, so that he will eventually be unable to get-up in the morning and go to work. Now that I have some medicine from the doctor things should get better.

Project Little Brother (week 15)
Christopher is growing by leaps and bounds over the last few weeks. The doctor says that he weighs (16) pounds, more than twice his birth weight already and squarely in the upper percentile of chunky babies. He is far more engaged with what is going on around him, and has begun to reach out and discover things with his hands. Presently, he is engaged in an epic struggle with the little yellow sun/mirror that hangs over his chair. I fought for months with the same sun when I was his age. It's funny for mama, dada and I to watch him try to close his hands around things and grunt when he gets frustrated.

Perhaps for dada and mama, the biggest news out of camp Christopher is that he achieved his first full night of sleep in his crib. This was a breakthrough even though there were at least three wake-up calls and two bottles in the process. Signs indicate progress on the sleeping front.

Word of the Week
Nervous: describes anyone (particularly characters in books), who look sad, concerned or unhappy. Usually, characters are nervous because they want to play baseball, or have lost their trains.

No comments: