Sunday, February 28, 2010

Big Brother Ben (week 158)

All good things must come to an end (and of course all good things end with crying). We finally had to take Uncle Mark back to the airport on Monday. Unfortunately, I fell asleep when we dropped him off and didn't wake-up until we were well on our way back on the 405. When I realized what happened and that I didn't get a kiss goodbye, I had a long cry. In the end, it was better to have had Uncle Mark in Long Beach and to have lost him, than to have never had him here at all.

This week, we also had multiple birthday celebrations (culminating with a bouncehouse next Saturday). Not only did I get to have pizza and chocolate cake on Monday night, but also I got to open a series of presents, including new whiffle balls, a bat, and a new battery-powered train that dada and I picked out at the toy store (Percy from Thomas and Friends).

Nathan also had his birthday party last Saturday, with a taco truck and all kinds of cake. I threw most of his balls over the back fence and ate an entire burrito. I am getting much better at the party scene...feeling more comfortable in the crowd. It's all part of becoming a three year old.

Project Little Brother (week 13)
As you can see from the pictures, Christopher is becoming quite the (big) little brother. He loves people and smiles at everyone. Talking with my old daycare, he seems to be getting along with everyone although he still wants to be held all the time. I call him "pork chop", because of his chunky cheeks and his love of eating. We are very good friends. This week he also found his thumb and has been sucking on his hand with no signs of stopping.

Word of the Week
Pork Chop: a common name for a chunky baby brother. It makes me crack-up every time that I say it!

No comments: