Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Brother Ben (week 157)

What a week! Babysitting from my auntie Kelly and Mr. Beans; a surprise birthday visit from Uncle Mark; Snow Day with dada; and Disneyland with mama. It was the week that kids dream about and their parents think will make them more grateful. The irony is that the more fun and the more candy that kids get, the more it involves crying when all good things come to an end.

Because dada and mama both had work this week at night, Auntie Kelly and her little dog Mr. Beans came over to play. We pulled the red wagon around the backyard that grandpa John re-painted. It is funny how an old wagon can sit in the corner for almost a year...but a new looking wagon gets used everyday!

On Thursday, dada surprised us all at lunch time by dropping-off Uncle Mark. Nobody knew he was coming for mama's birthday but it ended-up being a great idea. Mama had so much fun that she ended-up with something called strep throat. Dada says it is something you can get from licking the handrails at Disneyland. But I did plenty of that this past weekend, and still haven't ever managed to get it.

Friday, Nathan and I went to Pretend Town in Orange County. I included a picture of us working on a mural in our plastic capes. Uncle Mark thought it was a little creepy...you should have seen the kids go crazy over the cars. I like the stop signs and the street signals, but it is hard enough just trying to get a car. The second one kid gets out (particularly the red Mercedes), about four more kids are climbing like zombies over the hood and trunk to throw themselves in the driver's seat. Pretend Town like the real world, is not for the timid.

Saturday, we went bowling in the morning with Uncle Mark and dada. Christopher and I got to go out for breakfast with the guys and have pancakes before hitting the bowling alley. There ended-up being a tournament so we played "little bowling" at the arcade and got enough tickets to win an eye patch and a police badge. I am still trying to figure out how that costume works. In the afternoon, mama, dada and I went to Whaley Park in Long Beach for the Snow Day...talk about lines! Eventually, I got so tired that I threw a tantrum in line for the bounce house (scratched my father), and had to go home. By the time I hit the car seat I was out like a light.

If that wasn't enough for the week, we rounded it all out Sunday afternoon with a trip to Disneyland. I still haven't worked-up the courage to go into the Tiki Room, but I did go on Finding Nemo for the first time which really had an effect on me. I figure you have to keep something out there as a goal for next time. Maybe when I am fully three year's old.

Project Little Brother (week 12)
Christopher is really coming along. At Disneyland he slept nearly the entire time, but was animated as all get-out by the time we hit the tram on the way back to parking. He must of really liked sleeping at Disneyland because when dada took him into the bathroom for a diaper change, he came back with an entirely new outfit. Dada said that for the first time, he had to throw the entire set of clothes in the trash can. No wonder he slept so sound! He is a hit with everyone for his big smiles and laid back attitude.

Word of the Week
Favorite: most anything that I like can be my favorite for the week. I have a favorite blue tie that dada wears, and a favorite type of chocolate cake. Baseball is also my favorite along with the Big A and Angels Stadium.

No comments: