Sunday, November 15, 2009

Long Beach @ 2 (week 142)

Baby brother has still not arrived, but I think I set my all-time weekly record for time-outs this week. Mama just keeps getting bigger and more uncomfortable every day but baby brother doesn't seem ready to join the party. This week we went to see Dr. Smith and he said that baby brother is as far down as he can get. Of course, this makes mama uncomfortable...which makes me uncomfortable, and so I act like a crazy (2) year old to get her attention (hence the time outs). I just want to make sure that she is all right and that we spend as much quality alone time together before baby brother emerges.

My drawing has gotten better and better. Dada and me try to color at least once a day when he gets home from work. We put on the music and use the mini table and chairs that grandpa Mike made for me. I am getting near perfect with my Colesium drawings that include the flags, goal posts and football field. Sometimes I mix it up and put a baseball diamond in the Colesium. Dada says the smell of crayons and old printing paper bring back the memories.

Speaking of sports...what a terrible week! First my Angels and now my Trojans! It has certainly been a tough year for sports in the Keisler household, but dada says it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Mama says it is the Vikings jinx--that no matter how well they do, they will find a way to disappoint us. Perhaps, this year of disappointing finishes is just setting us up for a Minnesota Superbowl victory in February.

As Long Beach gets cooler it is clear that we are getting closer to the holidays. The heater even returned to my room where, last night, I slept from 9:00 PM to 5:00 PM without waking once! This was of course an all time record as well. The last few months were brutal--waking up every hour for about (3) months in a row with coughing and crying. My doctor told me that the allergies were causing the cough at night and once I started taking the alergy syrup, I was good to go. Now, I just talk in my sleep (at least that is what dada says) about french fries, Jackson touching my toys, and bowling at Cal Bowl. Speaking of which, we are going bowling Sunday morning as a family day! Dada says that if I let him cut my hair again, we are going bowling!

Word of the Week Bo-coke: nonesense answer to any question or uncomfortable moment. Sometime, used as a way of cracking-up oneself, particularly if one can get an adult to repeat it.

No comments: