Baby brother where are you? The waiting is definitely the hardest part about having a baby brother. There are the doctor's visits, the books (Mommy, Mommy, What's In Your Tummy), and all the relatives coming to visit; but when it comes down to it, it's all about baby brother being ready to go. Mama's original launch date was November 24, 2009...but Doctor Smith said he was ready in the first week of month which got everyone excited.Over the past few weeks, mama and dada have been pulling all of my old stuff out of the garage. There has been a lot of laundry, and a lot of reconnecting with my old things. I even got into my old crib (which didn't fit), and offered to give-up my current crib to baby brother if I could move back in with my parents. They said that once I moved-out of their room the first time (at 6-months), I wasn't invited back...ever. Otherwise, the anticipation of baby brother is going pretty well. I try to kiss mama's belly once or twice a day and talk to him when I have something important to say...and I never miss a doctor's appointment to see him on the t.v.
This weekend, Uncle Mark came from New York to visit. We are hoping that he can be here when baby brother comes and also join us for Thanksgiving. The best thing about Uncle Mark is that he also brought with him a giant baseball stadium for the backyard...with bases, foul poles and a blue wall that you can hit to ball over. We played baseball well into the night and then swithched to bowling in the livingroom when Stacy came over. I finally nailed my first Turkey (three consecutive strikes)!
Finally, it is worth noting that I presided over my third dog-park opening. This time, in North Long Beach, I stood at the podium (dada held me) and gave my thoughts about the value of dog parks--parks in general--insofar as they build social capital between people and promote public as well as individual health outcomes. Maybe you will see me in the paper today!
Word of the Week What's That Noises? A flexible phrase that can be used to inquire about anything. Whether it is a noise or not, this universal inquisitive statement is the favorite of the 2.5-3 year-old individual. Can be shortened to "What's That Mama...or Dada?"
No comments:
Post a Comment