Sunday, November 1, 2009

Long Beach @ 2 (week 140)

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. In the same Halloween night when we went house-to-house for loads of free candy, my beloved Trojans suffered their worst defeat in decades to the Oregon Ducks. I don't know which was more scary: the look on my father's face as the game unfolded or the placement of the banana on my friend Nathan's monkey costume. Either way that you look at it, Halloween was memorable.

This year, I decided that I most wanted to be an "Angels baseball player". I mulled the options of pirate and doctor, but it was most natural to get an Angels uniform that I could wear more throughout the year. After all, it is a little strange to see a pirate playing baseball in the backyard in July. This time around, I had a red baseball glove that Amy (from next door), dug out of the garage and a light-up pumpkin (that great-grandma dug out of the closet). It all came together nicely with the uniform mama and I picked-out and delivered the goods. I had at least (10-12) pieces of candy before the night was through and announced each new piece of candy that I received from the houses along our route.

This week was also a big week at preschool. We counted, drew pictures and I even got an invitation to Logan's birthday party. I have been staring at the picture of him on a tractor and can't wait to go. We also spent time with mama and dada at the pumpkin patch (I have included a picture), where they had giant slides and an array of bounce-houses. My dad says it is a pretty good racket: $3 to jump for (10) minutes on each bounce house. I wouldn't be surprised if I came home one day and he was operating a holiday-themed carnival at the house.

This weekend, I get to go up north to my grandparents house. My dada says that it will give mama some extra hours of sleep that will help baby brother (as well as mama). When we went to the doctor this week, he said that baby brother may be coming (2-3) weeks early. Apparently, he is a go-getter and has moved his head down into launching position. Mama and I went to the store to get nuks for babybrother...now all we need to do is to find a name!

Word of the Week
I'm Awake: a declaritive statement describing a desire to be taken out of one's crib. Sometimes, it is used accurately but also used when one's eyes are still closed in the middle of the night or as a way to get out of a nap.

No comments: