Sunday, October 25, 2009

Long Beach @ 2 (week 139)

Game day at the Colesium! On Saturday, mama and dada took me to my first USC football game, and boy was it an experience. The day started-off somewhat normal. Dada and I went to great-grandma's house to pick-up great-grandpa's old weed wacker and eat some waffles (our weed wacker caught fire in the front yard last weekend). Apparently, there was no babysitter available so dada said I was going to USC after my nap. After three hours of tossing and turning, a very pregnant mama (only 4 weeks to go), dada and I (in matching cardinal and gold striped rugby shirts), drove to the Colesium and watched some football.

Dada always says that there is nothing like gameday at the Colesium: the smell of bacon-wrapped hot dogs, the USC Band, the look of natural grass and the Olympic Torch. It was pretty cool; pretty loud; and pretty scary. We only made it through half-time because mama said that I was shaking every time the crowd stood-up to make noise on 3rd downs, but I told her later that I was shaking because I was so excited for the Trojan defense. Football games are definitely much different than baseball games...at least when you go to Angel's Stadium. By 5:00 AM the next morning (after dreaming about football all night), I told dada that I wanted to go back to the Colesium again on Sunday.

This week has been a tough one for me on the sleeping front. I can't seem to stay asleep and wake-up every hour or so. The entire family is starting to lose it. Otherwise, this week has been filled with trips to the Pumpkin Patch and lots of bribery. Mama and I have a transactional agreement about eating dinner. She makes me sit at the table every night and we negotiate the number of pieces of chicken, spoonfuls of rice, and apple slices I have to eat to earn additional gummies. At this point, a good dinner will usually yield about (3) gummie spiders or pumpkins.

Word of the Week
Chun-kunk: nonsense word that cracks me up. Usually used as a distraction from the serious task at hand: eating my dinner; getting ready for bed; taking a time-out. Typically used to get the attention of adults when they are not interested in me.

No comments: