Sunday, October 11, 2009

Long Beach @ 2 (week 137)

It has been a while but so much happens once a young man turns 2.5 years old. Since I last blogged, I have turned the potty-training-page, started preschool and even dropped my first four-letter word. In many ways, I have become a young man since you saw me last.

Today, church was canceled because of the Long Beach marathon. Since there were about 22,000 people running around Bayshore Church, the service was postponed until the evening. So instead of praising Jesus, we went bowling! It wasn't much of a surprise since dada and I have been bowling at Cal Bowl twice before...and particularly because dada let me know at the beginning of the week that we would be going again. But this time, I perfected my jumping/kicking high-five and a personal best score of 71 (with bumpers of course).

This past week, I also went to preschool at St. Lukes for three days. In many ways, I am way beyond babysitting and daycare...I need a stimulating curriculum of puzzles, hoopies and alphabet books. I have completed two books already: the letter D and the letter B. Even though I pretend to cry and cling to my dada when he drops me off, I do it to make him feel needed. Minutes later we are always fine.

Finally, with the coming of Halloween, mama and I went to the pumpkin patch near Trader Joes (on PCH and Second Street). Nathan and I got tickets to go on the giant slide and the bounce house. The carnie working the bouncehouse would only let us jump for four minutes at a time before kicking us out. He said his boss was riding him but it seemed sort of odd considering that we were the only two bouncing. It was sort of a relief to leave though because Nathan continued to sit on me any chance he got.

Word of the Week
F*@$ing Drivers: not sure what it means but it got me a time-out from mama, a bath, and straight to bed. Not sure that I will repeat it in the future.

No comments: