Last week, mama and I spent ten days in Long Island with Grandma Dubby and Grundpa Andy. We had a big wedding to go to in New Hampshire (where I learned to play crochet) and the wedding shower for Aunt Linie to go to. It was definitely a long time to be away from dada (I don't think he has ever been away that long), and I know that it was hard for him. Particularly when we came home, you can tell that he had been sad because his voice was almost gone and he looked very tired. He said he had been at a bachelor party and a conference in the desert. You could tell he needed some love and a week of healthy food cooked by mama.During our trip to Long Island we went on the boat, hung-out with Olivia, and helped grundpa with fixing stuff. Grundpa and I spent a lot of time together which was solid. He even let me drive his boat the Last Dollar and let me use the hose as much as I wanted. Mama said that water is cheaper in Long Island (that Long Beach is considered a desert), because it is an island and has lots of water under the sand.
I also helped grundpa take down the antenae and showed him how to use the socket wrenches and cased the house for other things to fix. Traveling can be hard on the system and cause sleeplessness. Since mama and I were forced to share a room, I don't think mama got any sleep either. It was nice to wake her up every (15) minutes though to talk about the day...to find out what she was doing...and to know that she was near. She said she was happy that I would be able to sleep in my own room and crib again. We both admitted that being home would be good for our sleeping situation.
We also went to the wedding shower at Uncle Steve's parents house. There was a big pool with a barbecue and lots of family. When I got there, there was a green balloon but because I was done with all the family occasions I pulled-out my spitting and yelling to let people know that (2) year olds need their space. The good part of the deal was that I did get a cookie and cake.
The plane ride home was not as successful as the rest of the trip. I did sleep for (2) of the (5) hours but was not at all comfortable and continued to wake-up screaming. It is hard to find a good place to sleep on a plane when you only have one seat to yourself. Mama admitted that she and I would probably only fly in the future if dada was there...but that we would try one more time next month when we go for Aunt Linie and Uncle Steves wedding.
Word of Week Fixin Stuff: two-year old explanation of any task that involves walking around and carrying tools; used to get out of napping, eating or changing diapers. Often, this involves breaking stuff and telling adults that it will be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment