Sunday, July 19, 2009

Long Beach @ 2 (week 125)

Mama and I left for our trip to Long Island to see Dubby and go to a wedding. We only had (2) days at home from the mountains before taking the "red-eye" flight from Long Beach to New York. Mama said she isn't doing a red-eye with me again alone because instead of sleeping, I stayed-up the entire time to make sure that my eyes (and those around me), turned completely red and bloodshot. When we landed in New York, my grundpa Andy picked-us-up (he actually parked this time and helped us get the luggage), and I immediately fell asleep in the car. Needless to say, mama was not happy when we landed.

The wedding was awesome. We drove up to New Hampshire together and stayed in a neat hotel. There were big boats nearby so grundpa drove us all to see them. I learned to croquette, which involves hitting balls through wire arcs on the lawn. The best part of the wedding though, was that I got to stay up past 10:00 PM on the dance floor. I used a lot of the moves that dada and I have practiced at home and was the hit of the party.

I was a little dissapointed that dada didn't come along. For about a week I decided to protest by not talking to him on the phone but eventually broke down and gave him a few calls. He said he was hanging out with his friends from USC in the mountains. This time though, he said that there were boats, casinos and celebrities hanging-around. Not sure why (10) grown men would go on a trip together for the weekend in Tahoe, but he said he would tell me about it someday.

Word of the Week Feed The Boots: verb/phrase, describing the daily ritual of feeding the cat. There are actually no boots or shoes involved.

No comments: