Sunday, June 7, 2009

Long Beach @ 2 (week 119)

Uncle Mark came to visit this week...and that meant fun! Not only did we go for tacos and beer, but we also got to go to Disneyland, the Aquarium of the Pacific and to Legends Sports Bar (which has the most ceiling fans of anywhere I have ever seen). Aunt Leah came over on at least one of the nights--since she was at work all day in LA--and we shot a lot of hoopies. She taught me how to say "shoo-ah, shoo-ah" like a New Yorker. I am not sure what it means but they say it a lot.

This week was also good because I got my Bambi II movie back from Aiden. Before we left for the mountains, I had been over to Aiden's house and lent him my movie. When we were at the mountains, mama and I practiced saying "hi Aiden, can I please have my movie back?" When I tried it out, the phrase worked like a charm. I have watched a little Bambi II every day since...and get a particular kick out of the scene where Bambi sees his mama in heaven.

On Saturday, mama and I went through the mail while dada went to play basketball. It was mostly bills, so I shot a lot of hoops, picked-up apricots in the backyard, and ate ice pops for the first time. I am a huge believer in ice pops now. When dada came back, I helped him dig in the backyard and put the posts in the ground. We got a lot done by rotating who got to wear the gloves and carry the shovel.

Sunday was Matthew's birthday. Matthew is a year older--turning 3 today--so I wanted to do something special. After eating a giant do-nut at church (with sprinkles), mama and I practiced signing happy birthday to Matthew. At his house, I immediatley fell into the swimming pool and had to hang-out for the rest of the time shirtless. When it came to the big moment, I sang a solo happy birthday to you for Matthew and even emulated the blowing-out of the candles.

Word of the Week
Do-nut: pronounced "doo-nut". A delicious cake that you can get at the cookie store or church. Sometimes they are big and round with a hole in the middle, while other times they are small balls that you can eat in one bite. Do-nuts are best when they have lots of frosting and sprinkles on top.


No comments: