What I like most about the holidays is that everyone stays in the backyard with me and plays in the dark. Yesterday, all the neighbors came over for a Memorial Day barbecue. There were about 30 neighbors eating, listening to music and talking. The kids pulled all of my toys into the backyard, including my trains, balls and sidewalk chalk. When it got dark, dada broke out the glowsticks and we ran circles around the chairs that were left-over.Dada and I went to church Sunday morning and then went to the party store to pick-out decorations. I picked-out about 50 little American flags, (12) red, white and blue balloons and some star-shaped clappers. When we got home, we put the balloons out front to let everyone know there was a party and then ringed the lawn with the flags. Dada says that everyone should take the flags home with them and put them on a soldier's grave on Monday morning to recognize their service.
I am still getting used to the party scene. Yesterday, I had a hard time adjusting to the crowd since mama woke-me-up early from my regular afternoon (3-hour) nap and made me get-up for the 4:00 PM party. Once I got a little juice-box in me, we played until almost 10:00 PM. By the end of the night I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to put on my diaper and pajamas. I slept straight through the night until almost 8:00 AM.On Saturday night, I did a face-plant into the concrete when dada and I were playing basketball. I went in for a slam dunk but tripped on my way to the hoop. Luckily, the scrapes on my nose and forehead were largely superficial...but they look worse than they really are. You can kind of seee the damage in the pictures but to compensate, mama bought me a new pinwheel, which is kind of like a miniature windmee; which definitely took away a little of the pain.
For Memorial Day, the whole family is going to the beach to relax and enjoy the day away from work. At the end of the week, dada says that we are all going to the mountains to see June Lake and go fishing! I think that he is more excited than I am to get out of town.Word of the Week
Oh!: an exclamation usually used by Italian mobsters to express dissatisfaction. Can also be used by babies to get their dada's attention; usually used to express their pleasure and good mood. Oh! can be followed-by a fugget-about-it or a callback.
No comments:
Post a Comment