They say that some good germs when you are young can make your immune system stronger when you are older. I am not sure that I buy that way of thinking. But after almost (11) full days of serious sickness, I have returned better than ever. The swelling in my mouth has gone down and I am able to eat macaroni and raviolis again.A diet of only a few ounces of milk a day can only last so long. Eventually, you need to get some solid food in your belly. A mama can only hold it together so long before the long nights of screaming, crying and sleeplessness catches-up to the entire family. It took (2) doctors, (1) dentist and countless doughnut holes, but we got through it together as a family. Thank you to everyone (particularly the grandparents), who continued to call and check-in with my status.
Mama says that I have one more day under quarantine before I can return to the world. I was even restricted from going to church this morning, so dada and I spent the day in the backyard drawing the baseball stadium (come-on Angels!), and washing the cars. I finally finished putting all the spare change into dada's tape deck. He shouldn't have any problems with the loose change anymore...nobody will be able to steal it now that it is buried in the technology. I also drew my first cross on my own!
In any case, this week is certainly looking-up for the whole family with great hopes of sleeping through the night. At least it is a start, but it is the little things that go a long way!
Word of the Week
Baseball Song: a variation of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" sung first at Angel's Stadium on Mother's Day during the 7th Inning Stretch. The song can be sung repeatedly during any occasion, even to go to bed at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment