Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tales from Terrible Two (Week 107)

Officially, I have entered the era of negotiations. Dada says that I am not very good at it yet, but now that I am two I want to provide my parents with options. For instance, this morning when dada told me to go back to sleep, I offered that I would be equally willing to go outside and look for gworms. When he told me to lay down and drink my sippy-cup of milk, I offered that I would drink it, but only from my babba. In almost every case, I find that there is an alternative option to the one being offered by mama or dada. They are still somewhat positional in their negotiation (they rarely yield on what they want me to do), but over time we will work the details out; I am sure of it.

This past week, Dubby bought mama and I a "rocket" for mama's bike. This allows us to ride mama's bike to get coppie or to the movie store when we need to. This also provides a green option for getting around the neighborhood or to-and-from the park. Our rocket is attached to the back of the bike and sits down low. It is very comfortable, and although I did not like the idea of putting-on a helmet at first I am quite willing to put-on my "hat" now if it means that we go bike riding with Jackson and Michelle.

Aiden, Jackson and I have also started jogging on the beach. It seems that I always come home from 2nd Street with boo-boos on my knees or head but the exercise is definitely worth the wear. My love of church has only increased; I have even introduced the drawing of little crosses on the bathtub with the water crayons. Still, nothing brings me more satisfaction than a good looking cross or a set of hoopies.

Backyard projects and yelling by dada continued this weekend. While I listen to the basketball tournament (March Madness) on the radio and shoot hoops, mama continues to ask dada when we will see water come out of the sprinklers. To date, three weeks have passed but we haven't seen anything except more profanity and trips to the hardware store. With the roof completed and the concrete poured during the same time, it is clear that hiring men to work on the house is a far more efficient strategy for repairs but dada continues to plug along and says that he is "saving money" by doing it himself. On the other hand, with all the trips to the store nobody is sure what the actual cost of the project will be.

Word of the Week
P: an abbreviation of the word "play", a verb that may be used in conjunction with any activity; to play or engage (i.e. p-trains, p-backetbol, p-church).

No comments: