Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tales from the Crib (Week 103) Birthday!

Turning two years old happens fast. It was just yesterday that I remember taking mama and dada home to our one bedroom apartment on Covina. I could hardly lift my head and my world was filled with ceiling fans and a jumper that hung in the kitchen door. I had only two friends (mama and dada) and I was still afraid of my grandparents because it meant that my parents might be leaving me for babysitting.

Now, as I turn two, my world has expanded so much. The best weekends of course are when mama and dada stay home and we shoot hoops in the backyard. However, a close second is spending the weekend with Coppa, Grammy or Dubby at their houses. We eat pizza and pancakes, shoot hoops and go to church. I usually sleep like a rock because there is so much to see and do during the day!

This past Saturday, we had my birthday party in our backyard. The highlight of course was the giant backetball jumper that mama rented for the day. In all, I jumped four hours in the morning...took a nap for two hours...and jumped for three more hours in the evening until it got dark. My friends came over to eat brunch and chocolate cupcakes. There were lots of great presents and I want to thank the following people for making it the best day ever:
  • Great Grandma Betty
  • Lucas Scott and family
  • The Modicas
  • Lindsay and Taylor
  • Benny and Aiden
  • The Van Roozebooms
  • Kora, Kayla and Family
  • Bella
  • Mama and Dada
Word of the Week:
Hoopie
: any round recepticle that you can throw a ball through. This could be "big hoopie" or a "little hoopie"; a trashcan; or just grandma making her arms into a circle so that one can throw the ball through. Usually, playing hoopie results in an "almost" or an "I did it".

No comments: