Over the last weekend, I decided to spend some time in New Mexico at my Cousin Eli's house. Last summer when we saw each other in Yosemite, I promised him that I would come and visit. Up until now, I have been really busy fitting my grandparents into a somewhat packed dance card. From California to New York, there is alwasy someone to see and Eli's house is way out in the country...in what they call pueblo lands, New Mexico.
Since our grandma and grandpa Copa came with us, there were plenty of people to play with. One afternoon, my mama and dada went to Taos and brought me back an awesome winmeel. It was covered with glitter and spins in the wind like a miniture version of the winmeel at grandma Copa's house. I haven't stopped spinning it since and even fell asleep with it in my arms last night before going to bed.
All-in-all, I think it was a good trip and a great breakthrough for my Cousin Eli and I. I taught him a lot about being a big kid: how to eat your macaroni, how to talk on the phone, and where to look for crosses and churches. I think we layed a good concrete foundation this week.
Word of the Week:
Winmeel: a small fan placed on the top of a plastic stick that spins in the wind (or when you blow on it). Winmeels can be all colors but they must be shiny. If you can, keep your winmeel with you at all times and spin it with your hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment