Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tales from the Crib (Week 96)

One of the sad parts of the end to Missmiss is to see all of the missmiss trees that are now sitting out in front of houses...thrown to the curb once unneeded. I try and take dada around the block each day to visit each of the missmiss trees and to recognize them for their service. Another sad result of missmiss being over is that mama says we have to put Charlie Brown away for the year (until the next missmiss season). At one point I got into a rythm of watching Brown and Snoopy about three times a day just to curb the jones.

Our house is pretty much back to normal as well. One fantastic addition is the jump house that my mom gave me for missmiss. Although it gets wet and muddy in the mornings, it is built like a castle and provides a perfect opportunity for exercise with my buddies. Dada puts a blue tarp over it at night to keep it dry which makes it like a little fort.

Lately, I have been saying my colors. Right now, most everything is bwu (especially the bwu whytes) but sometimes I see gween and wed. Mama says that I am becoming very articulate and that she can hear parts of sentences. I am not sure what sentences are but one word repeated many times seems to get the job done most of the time.

Still, hoops are the focus of my life. My favorite pwesent is a miniature hoop that we can hang in the bathroom or in the livingroom on the window. I move it around the livingroom and bathroom in the early morning and at night (before I can get outside where I spend most of my time still). Once outside, I spend most of my time pushing the big hoop over in the yard and setting it back up again. This drives dada crazy but it sure is fun to see the hoop fall over and make a big crash!

Word of the Week
Missmiss: used as an adjective for describing trees, lights, music and images. Missmiss is everywhere for approximately 30 days and often involves large "cancanes", reindeer and santas that people put on their front lawns.

No comments: