Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tales from the Crib (Week 97)

It is good to finally spend a quality week at home with mama. After two long months of travel for the holidays, it is nice to have a regular schedule of basketball, Einsteins and naps again. Since the past seven days were dedicated to hoops and bouncing in my jumphouse, I invented a new game that incorporates both. By moving the hoop up near the jumphouse, I was able to perfect my jump shot. It is a little time intensive to get out and retrieve the ball each time but definitely worth it from a skill perspective.

Another exciting event this week was shopping at the replica supermarket at the Children's Museum of La Habra. I got to push my own cart, load-up on chocolates, milk and yogurt. My buddies Aiden and Jackson went along and we were able to play with a bunch of older kids, climbing up-and-down the slide and banging on the drums. There was a moment when I got to the front of the line on the tall slide and almost choked. The big kids were lined-up behind me and calling for me to slide...but since I wasn't ready, it became a very frightening moment. Sometimes, you just have to be patient and let people work-out their fears about doing something new. Oh, and I ate four pieces of pizza Friday night!

Even though this was a big week of play, I rewarded mama and dada by helping to do some work around the house. Saturday, I got dada out in the backyard and helped rake-up the leaves. I am in charge of getting the trashcan and throwing the leaves away. Because mama's car was a mess, I got a couple of my buddies together and we washed it up for her. There was a big bubble incident on Carfax Avenue but the car looks great now.

Mama introduced something called a time out this past week which I do not like at all. Typically, this consists of a naughty chair or step where I have to sit (at least once a day) for about 3 minutes. We're still feeling eachother out on this one but it seems to make mama happy when I pay my dues because after, she always gives me a hug.

Word of the Week
Pig-ee: a french word, pronounced with a dominant "ee" sound that describes the main character of Charlotte's Web. A pig-ee will spend lots of time in the day singing and dancing, and generaly enjoying time with friends (including a spider, rat and sheep).

No comments: