The year has probably been the busiest Holiday Season that I can remember. Of course, last year I was just a baby and couldn't even walk. I slept through most of the parties and didn't yet have an appreciation for "schocklettes". This December has been busy just about every day; trying to keep up with the Advent Calendar; attending parties; and picking-up presents for those in need.
On Thursday, I attended the Pathways Tree Lighting ceremony over at the Lakewood Country Club. My mama is part of a ladies club who was helping to organize the event on behalf of Hospice. Not really sure what that is, but my dad and I stood at the back of a very fancy patio (with a giant bathtub, whytes and a guy who was singing a lot). Midway through the ceremony, I decided we should take a walk to look at the whytes in the neighborhood which helped to pass the time because we could only talk in whispers on the patio.
Friday, I brought some pizzas to my dada's work party. My real angle was to see the goat who is staying at the Shelter as "evidence". He is a great goat and a bit lonely among all the dogs, so I try to visit him once a week and give him an open-mouthed kiss when I can. After the party, we all went to the dog show at the Convention Center so that dada could hand out a giant penguin award and take a bunch of pictures with adults who run around a track with dogs.
Saturday, we all went for a walk through the big park at El Dorado to see the ducks and find bubbles. I love to pick the bubble flowers and blow them in the wind so that they scatter everywhere. We stopped by to see the goat again and visit the puppies who are waiting to be taken home by new families for Christmas. I also like to keep my eye out for any doggies that might fit in our own backyard. Mama just keeps coming-up with reasons why we can't take one home.
Last night, we also went to a party down at the water in my own stomping ground to see the Naples Boat Parade. There were hundreds of people on the beach and boats lit-up with whytes racing back and forth. There was even a police boat with red and blue whytes that stopped boats that were too loud or couldn't drive straight. I had a ton of fun meeting new friends and throwing my green glow stick back-and-forth over the sand berm in the dark. Christmas time is great because you get to go to parties almost every night and drink soda. If you don't know what soda is, you should try it. There are thousands of tiny bubbles that sting your tongue and it is super sweet. I am going to try to get my dada to get some for our fridge so that I can change it out for milk before I go to bed!
Word of the Week:
Saw-wee: a request or demand to get out of one's way. Used to address any person or object that presents an obstacle or challenge (e.g. slippery door mat, wall or a chair). Sometimes, saw-wee is used in conjunction with pushing or hitting to emphasize the critical nature of the request.
No comments:
Post a Comment