Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tales from the Crib (Week 63)

My 63rd week of life was one of the best yet. I got spoiled by every one of my six grandparents in four short days! My New York Webster grandparents flew out Wednesday to stay with us. They helped with the inspection of our new house in East Long Beach. It's not actually ours yet, but my parents say that if all the paperwork works-0ut, we will be moving-in next month.

Anyway, my Grandma and Grandpa Webster brought me a package with a bunch of new books and toys. We had a great time walking the neighborhood, eating ribs and taking lots of baths. On Wednesday night, my Huston grandparents also drove four hours to check-out the new house and to have dinner with us. I had four grandparents to all to myself!

Later in the week, we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific so that I could show my grandparents all the fish. We got to put our feet into the water and check out the cool fountain out front. I am not sure where the water comes from or where it goes, but I sure love the water!

This week, I started feeding myself with the spoon. In fact, I won't let anyone else feed me anymore since I am good at feeding myself. Of course, I get most of the yogurt on my face but it is definitely worth the opportunity to take control. Another big development is that I am finally sleeping through the night almost every night. Typically, I wake-up around 6:00 AM to drink a bottle and pass-out again for an hour or two. My dad says that this is progress. Usually, when I wake-up, someone leaves toys in the crib for me to play with for an hour...I like the quiet time in the morning.

On Saturday, my Keisler grandparents and great-grandma came down to see my New York family. It was great having everyone together, although I slept through it almost entirely. When I woke-up, everyone was on the patio so I got to run back and forth giving my grandmas smiles and hugs.

On Mother's Day, everyone went home but my dad and I made my mom bagels with egg and cheese. I also wrote her a card and got her a book about landscaping and gardens so that she can begin planning the backyard for our new house. Later, I went to church nursery for the first time and met a bunch of new kids. At first I was a little nervous but the gave my dad a beeper just in case I "had a melt-down" so that he could come back to get me. Even church is getting high-tech these days!

No comments: