
The stage of hitting my head into everything has begun. This week, I added 7-10 new bumps, bruises, scratches and dents on my scalp and forehead. At one point, I was able to flip myself over the edge of the empty bathtub. Luckily, I managed to land on the right side of my forehead to cushion my fall. When my parents came running from the living room, they found me standing in the middle of the empty bathtub holding the shampoo bottle in my left hand and holding my head with my right. Needless to say, the bathroom door is also closed!

My newest phrase is "O-Kay"! I use it for everything...you name it. It is actually a very flexible phrase that can be used when getting up in the morning or going to bed at night. I use it when I am in the bathtub or on the changing table. Oh Kay!
It was a tough week for eating. My mom and I have been locked in a relentless struggle over what I eat. I want bread, cheese and fruit...she wants me to eat vegetables. I shake my head, cry and spit...she rubs baked carrots on my lips. She says that she will not have a picky eater in her house but I heard from my grandparents that my dad was a picky eater most of his life. Talk about a double standard!

It was also a tough week on the changing table. I have been making dirty diapers at such a high rate recently that I have given myself diaper rash. This morning, my dad tried to change me at 6:00 AM and was still half asleep. Instead of pouring baby powder between my legs, he dumped a bunch of baking soda (my mom had put out to make the diaper pail smell better) all over my nuts. My mom got so mad! We all ran to the shower and washed-up.
I learned to throw this week as well. First, I began by throwing the pillow and then throwing pieces of apple at my dad. In the morning, I found a wine glass on the coffee table and threw it across the room! It made the loudest crash when it hit the wood floor but my mom was mad!
I also discovered that you can stick your finger up your nose. I never realized that there was a hole there and that you could fit almost your entire finger inside of it. This is one of the tricks that I learned at daycare where I am no longer the youngest! There is another little guy that is so much smaller than me. It is good that there are smaller fish in the pond.
Twice this week, I also fell asleep in the swing at the park. I guess that I am sometimes worn out from all of the walking that I do on the beach path with my parents. I ran along the path for about a mile, pushed the stroller myself and danced in the sand. Clapping and dancing is a big pastime for me...which includes turning in circles.

At Nathan's house this week, Nathan climbed on my back and tried to ride me around the living room. It was probably more fun for Nathan to climb on me that it was for me but when I got home, I took my lawn mower and used it to climb up onto my shelf to pull down the stuffed-animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment