Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tales from the Crib (Week 58)

I am moving right along! This week brought a few new skills to my repertoire including tongue clicking, pointing to the colors of the rainbow and never missing a chance to wave bye-bye. My dad and I spent a lot of time together because my mom had to go out of town for work.

That meant that I also spent a bunch of time at daycare...and as always, meant that I picked-up another virus. My throat has been killing me for about 3 days now. I don't want to eat anything solid (and definitely nothing hot) because it hurts to swallow even my bottle of milk. I am not sleeping well either. Typically, we are all up at least 3-4 times throughout the night because my fevers fluctuate and I wake-up sweaty and uncomfortable. At least two nights, I got to sleep in my parents bed. They say that I snore and twitch all night. I had to sleep in just my diaper to stay cool.

During the week, a bunch of my dad's friends came over to watch basketball. I still don't like it when people yell and cheer too loud so every time something exciting happened in the game, I ended up crying. Some of the guys cried too because UCLA lost. I am not really a fan of UCLA but I will typically cheer for the team from the Pac-10 if USC is not in the game. We were all disappointed, particularly my grandpa Keisler who was in first place in the basketball pool.

Otherwise, another week of life for a baby...sickness, drool, thrown food and lots of gas!

No comments: