Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tales from the Crib (Week 54)

This weekend, we headed up the coast to Arroyo Grande so that we could see my uncles Devin and Zak for their annual reunion with my dad. My dad was recovering from being sick but since uncle Devin is leaving for Japan in a week, we went up north anyway. They spent the weekend competing at a variety of games while I hung out with different grandparents each day.

I got to see the chickens and collect eggs; I played with the big dogs (Charlie and Sam), and got licked all over the face; I also chased the cats around the house and even got to touch one without getting scratched; And I got to run-around the rest home in Morro Bay where my Great-grandpa Steuck is staying. The weather was nice so I spent

One of my newest tricks is to point-out dogs everywhere that I go. Each time I see a dog walking down the street, I point it out and yell. Also, I have begun walking the bike path by myself when my mom and I go on walks together. Although I fall into the sand a lot, it is good to move around on my own. Sometimes, I even pull my hand out of my parent's hands so that I can go my own way.

Also, I have discovered the closet and all of its wonders. Talk about a great place to play! You can spend hours in the closet pulling down shirts and pants or just sitting among all of the suitcases and old laundry. Another great place to play is the back deck. My mom puts the barrier outside the back door so that I can go out to the little landing that looks over the parking lot and the alley. I can see the birds and the people moving around...and sometimes start conversations with them!

Something bad that happened this week was that I slipped in the bathtub and went under water for a second before my dad pulled me out. It was scary because I swallowed a bunch of water and couldn't breath. It was probably less than a second but it was definitely scary.

No comments: